Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bleg. Navigating through dutch on this computer is a slight challenge. So I am in Amsterdam! The deadly 38 hours of traveling wasn't as horrid as I would thought it would be and now I am pretty much caught up with sleep. Amsterdam is amazing! Everyone here is super friendly and they all speak english really well. Mostly Tina and I have just been walking around the city and taking pictures and meeting people and eating. Last night we went to the Red Light District which was really bizarre, but cool. All of the women were wearing next to nothing and stood in small individual boxes with neon lights shining on them. Sometimes they danced or did something sort of provocative, but sometimes they just sat there and talked on their cell phone. There were a lot of "naughty" shops and shows in ther area that were interesting to walk by, but I think I would probably freak out if I went in. Also last night Tina and I went to a "coffeeshop."I didn't smoke or eat anything except for a juice, but Tina had a hash muffin. That was interesting too. I'd never seen one before. I'm glad we went in there and to the RedLight District even if we didn't partake in anything like that just to see what it was like.
Today we did things slightly more innocent. We ate breakfast at our hostel and then went on a free walking tour for students that was three hours long. It was really good! I enjoyed learning about the history of Amsterdam and the Dutch people, who I learned are all about tolerance and money. We got some amazing Turkish food for lunch. Tongiht we're going to this art gallery, club, bar, coffeeshop (just coffee), live music venue place that was in my guidebook.
Tomorrow we're planning on going to the Rijksmuseum and the Hieniken (I don't know how to spell that) Brewery. Then we're leaving for Brussels where we are only staying for about 3 hours, then we're going on to Paris!
I want you guys to know what's going on with me, but I want to know what is going on with you too. Please e-mail me at ame2001a@hotmail.com to let me know what you're up to.
Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

A.S.C. said...

I Love you and miss you terribly!!! Sounds like you're having an awesome time! yay.